ExpressionEngine CMS for Small Businesses
ExpressionEngine is the CMS of choice for small and medium-sized businesses that want an enterprise level website. ExpressionEngine (also known as EE) is a commercial product, and requires a one time license fee to run on a website. The default installation of ExpressionEngine has a powerful and flexible membership feature that allows granular control over what content viewed by different membership groups. There is also a very powerful custom fields system that allows developers to customize how clients can update the website. The amount of control based on the comfort level of the client. This is in sharp contrast to other content management systems like WordPress which have a certain structure for updating pages and posts without much flexibility.
EE is open-source which allows for a lot of top-quality add-ons from a great community of developers. There is also an excellent support team dedicated to making sure ExpressionEngine customers get the most out of their website.
ExpressionEngine Benefits Include:
- Powerful Membership Module to control flow of content
- e-commerce Module for easy product sales
- Mailing List Module to capture opt-ins on website
- Powerful forms that allow website updates from the front end of the site
- Content creation process custom and flexible per client need
- Professional EE support team
- Professional add-on to improve EE functionality (most free!)
- Regular CMS upgrades for improved performance
- Manage multiple EE websites from one installation
My ExpressionEngine Services
If you hire me to build your ExpressionEngine website, you can expect to receive a site that is full customized to meet your needs. I will develop a site that gives you as much control over every detail as possible. I will also find and install all necessary add-ons to maximize the power of your site.
Every ExpressionEngine website includes:
- Consultation to decide how to set up EE for your business
- Customized Design with Logo Placement
- Efficient coding with ExpressionEngine language for greatest performance
- Page creation and content input up to 25 pages
- Image editing (re-coloring, touch up, cutouts etc.) and resizing for best page load and visual appeal
- Completely customized admin area for easy page updating
- Membership set up with various permission levels based on member group (optional)
- Private Member only pages and public pages setup (optional)
- Standard add-ons installed (Google Analytics, Form Manager, plus more)
- Other add-ons installed as needed (add-ons may increase costs)
- Up to 3 custom forms via add-on or free Wufoo account
- Mail Chimp Email opt-in setup (optional but recommended)
- Social media icons with links to your social media outlets
- Site map submissions to Search Engines
- Upgrades to the ExpressionEngine software
See examples of small businesses using ExpressionEngine
Each ExpressionEngine project is different due to how much customization is done per project. EE is not meant as a quick or cheap option so the smallest block of time is 20 hours. All estimates are based on my hourly rate of $45 and don’t include the one-time $300 ExpressionEngine license for commercial businesses. This license is for the life of your website and includes all future upgrades and gives me access to premium support if a problem ever arises from your website. Ellis Labs (creators of EE) set the license fee and I don’t mark up the fee in any way.
Non Profit Organizations and personal projects can use the ExpressionEngine Core version which is free to install but cuts out Membership features and doesn’t support certain add-ons.